Q. Are you financially compliant? 
Taylored Financial Planning Ltd is an appointed representative of Intrinsic Financial Planning Limited, and Intrinsic Mortgage Planning Limited which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The guidance and/or advice contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime, and is therefore targeted at consumers based in the UK. 
Q. Are you covered by the FSCS in the event of a financial failure? 
We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. i.e. it differs for investments, insurance, mortgages and bank accounts. 
Insurance: Insurance advising and arranging is covered without any upper limit. 
Mortgages: Mortgage advising and arranging is covered up to a limit of £50,000. 
Investment: Most types of investment business are covered up to a limit of £50,000. 
Deposits: Bank Type Deposits are covered up to a limit of £85,000 per institution. 
Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS. 
Q. What is an emergency fund and do I need one? 
An emergency fund is an account for funds to be set aside in the event of a personal financial problem. On average, it is recommended that you should have 3 months’ worth of salary pay to cover living expenses. 
Q. How old do I have to be to get a mortgage? 
In order to purchase a mortgage you need to be above legal age which is 18. 
Q. If I’m not happy with your services and want to make a complaint, what do I do? 
If you have a complaint about your adviser, or any financial advice you have received from your adviser, please contact us: 
You can write to Intrinsic at: Intrinsic Complaints Department, Riverside House, The Waterfront, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE15 8NY. Call us on 0191 241 0700 or email: complaints@intrinsicfs.com 
You can find more information by visiting the Intrinsic Financial Services website: http://www.intrinsicfs.com/contacts/ 
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Q. How much can I invest in an ISA? 
The ISA limit for 2018/19 is currently £20,000 per person and can be invested in multiple ISA products so long as the combined amount invested doesn’t exceed the limit. ISA’s are completely exempt from income tax. 
Tax treatment varies according to individual circumstances and is subject to change. 
Q. How much income tax should I be paying? 
There are multiple tax bands based on how much income you earn (Income isn’t just limited to your salary). You have a personal allowance of £11,850 which means you don’t pay any tax up to and including that figure. As a basic rate taxpayer you will be taxed 20% on earnings that fall between £11,851 to £46,350. As a higher rate tax payer you will be taxed 40% on total earnings that fall between £46,351 to £150,000. As an additional rate tax payer you will be taxed 45% on any total earnings over £150,000. 
Tax treatment varies according to individual circumstances and is subject to change. 
Q. What is the minimum deposit I will need for a mortgage? 
In the current mortgage market you will need a minimum of 5% of the property value. 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings